My Bearded Daddy Face

My Bearded Daddy Face
Funny Furry Face for The Baby

Friday, May 1, 2015

Positive Reinforcement

So the focus of today's post is positive reinforcement and why I feel it helps in the growth of a healthy child. I was at the store with my daughter and I heard a mom calling her daughter stupid and her daughter looked hurt. I would never call my child stupid or any other name for that matter. I can only imagine what a child must feel like when ridiculed by their parents. I always give confidence building encouragement to my daughter. We as parents need to think before we speek around our children and away from our children. That is the first step in the process of forming a great parent child relationship. If you think and speak positive you get back positive results from your kids. Negativity breeds negativity is what my parents taught me and I can see it in family's when we are out. If my daughter brings me something I say thank you your so helpful and a lot of hugs. She knows she has done something good and it doesn't take long for her to start bringing me everything in the house because she likes the praise. Even young children know the difference of positive feedback and negative feedback. Our children are inherently good and always learning so the more positive reinforcement they get the more upbeat they are at least in my case and hopefully in yours as well. I hope this helps and next time your child brings you something just say thanks and give some feedback at the very least your child will bring every toy in the house to you wanting the same result so give it to them it cost nothing but pays off in the long run. Positive breeds positive and thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing. Reading blogs is my hobby and I randomly came across your blog. I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future endeavors. Keep in touch with me in Twitter @ipersuade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sridhar thank you for reading and your support. I try to post daily and hope all who read my blog can take from it what they need, whether that be a laugh or a different point of view. Again thanks for reading and have a good day.

      Delete