My Bearded Daddy Face

My Bearded Daddy Face
Funny Furry Face for The Baby

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Pull the Pacifier

I don't know if anyone was wandering how to break the pacifier cycle but I have few tips to help you out. The first thing I did was start to just stop bringing it with us on outings. Well I had it in my pocket where she couldn't see it and it was a last resort if I really needed it. Most of the time I could sing the bad mood away or bounce her on my knee. In extreme cases I would pull out the lollipops and by the time she was done with it she forgotten about wanting the pacifier. She would want it if she saw another child with a pacifier and the only way to combat that is to try to get her attention drawn to something else. Another way to pull the pacifier is to try a teething ring or a teething necklace. We got a teething necklace that worked well if I was holding her. Also we worked the snack angle pretty hard. The snacks worked very well on outings and in the car not so much at home. At home the teething necklace worked great and the second best pacifier distraction was just a lot of playing and running around. Activities that get your child breathing fast reduces the chance they will want a
pacifier because their having fun. Really it just helps to get past teething and the teething tablets help relieve the pain that your child might be feeling. If that doesn't work ice chips helps numb the gums. Hopefully this helps you. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this post. I wish I could do the same with my daughters thumb 😉

    ReplyDelete