My Bearded Daddy Face

My Bearded Daddy Face
Funny Furry Face for The Baby

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

That Dad Face


I wanted to post these up because both are faces dads make when they hold their baby for the first time. It's a face of love but at the same time terror. It's like someone handing you a fragile porcelain doll that pees and poos. I was so worried that I would break her because I am a big guy and she was so small . I automatically loved her and couldn't believe she is so beautiful. I still at that moment had a flurry of fear and excitement but most of all I know as parents we all felt it OMG it's real now. We all read the books and watch the YouTube videos on parenting but nothing can prepare you for that first sound your baby makes. You hear the heartbeat and see the black and white pictures from the sonogram but when it's real and your child is now with you in your arms you or I went mind blank. The books and everything don't tell you that you might pass out if you don't breath seems like common sense but you would be surprised to find out it's true. I hope it was the same for you as it was for me. Those feelings are an eye opener to let you know UMM I really wasn't ready. As time goes on it gets easier and you figure out you won't break your child and not everything is super dangerous. I had a bad habbit of moving everything away from the edges of counters and putting rubber bumpers on edges even though she was just a week old. The first picture is just me and my daughter clowning around. Moral is you will be scared on the day your child arrives in the world but it will be ok. Just be attentive and love your child and it will work itself out. Trust me you will learn so much in that first year it is ridiculous. Have fun with your kids and play when you can and thanks for reading. Have a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment