My Bearded Daddy Face

My Bearded Daddy Face
Funny Furry Face for The Baby

Monday, May 18, 2015

Daughters Dressed by Dads

         I have recently been clued in to the fact I do not know how to properly dress my little girl. As a guy I do not have a lot of practice in this area and have been playing it by ear most of the time. I have also noticed on many occasions  I leave her with my wife and when I get back she is changed into something else entirely. Every time there is some sort of excuse why she needed to be changed like she spilled something on it or her diaper leaked through. I did a little investigation into this one day and found what I had bought her and dressed her in that day was fine but it had been stuffed into the back of the closet. I had never made a big deal of it till I found what I had bought her stuffed into the back where no one could find it. I started to look through the closet and noticed that a lot of her baby clothes all the way up till now still had tags on it and all most all of it was stuff I bought her.
         I decided that it was time to confront my wife and see what was going on. When I asked her what the deal was she said I have no taste in clothes for girls or sometimes even myself. I am a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy but I never thought that the clothes and most of all the dresses I was putting my daughter in were ugly. My wife then pulled out her phone and showed me some of the things I had put her in over the last year



and seven months and I have to say if you put my clothes side by side with things my wife and mother in law picked out there is a huge difference. Not only in the styles we have but on how girly the outfits were over time. Since my daughter was a baby we have been putting her in dresses and more formal clothing to go out but as time went on I noticed she looked a little uncomfortable in the elaborate dresses and constricting formal dresses. My wife and mother in law are all about the dresses. OMG can't tell you how many dresses she has. Now we have summer dresses and I just don't want to get into it but I noticed the stress my daughter was feeling from the formal wear. She would get sick of sitting much quicker in the car seat back and forth from places along with other stuff. Although I had a good argument I still saw the point my wife was making. She had photos of my clothes and she also had stuff she dressed her in and I have to say I had a lot of learning to do. I always think I am putting her in something cute or stylish but I can see now that a bearded dad that wears t-shirts and jeans all the time is not a very good authority on how to dress a baby girl. I have been trying to do it differently lately doing the dress thing and not dressing her in MLP t-shirts and NIKE shorts and jogging pants. Also any dad with a daughter knows MLP I will just say it My Little Pony. I am getting better at getting her ready to go out and buying her clothes and my wife is getting better at not throwing away my clothes. If you are a dad and have a daughter you have most likely had this conversation with your wife or at the very least she has said something to you about what you dress your daughter in. Just remember there are a few simple rules if you are a jeans t-shirt guy.
      Rules are as follows:
1> Walk away from anything with a print of a very big animal like a shirt with a huge cat with sun glasses on holding an ice cream.
2> Nothing with any glitter or loads of bedazzled. I will tell you from first hand experience glitter is a no no. It will fall off every time and get on everything all the time. ALL THE TIME.
3> Anything that makes noise or plays music. Trust me it gets old quick and will get on random peoples nerves which is funny but adversely it will also get on your nerves.
4> Avoid shoes called squeakers they are very cute but you will spend $23 dollars and you will have her wear them once. Its cute for ten minutes but after that your looking for the way to take out the squeaker.
5> You can't dress her in long sleeves all the time same goes for t-shirts. If your like me you find something she likes and you buy a lot of them so she is always comfortable. T-shirts have their place but it is not everyday.
6> Don't buy anything that looks like a cut up table cloth or blinds. It may look great in the store but on a picnic not so much. LOL
7> Try not to get into a habit of buying things to big because she can grow into them because nine out of ten times you will forget she has it or she will outgrow it by the time of season she can wear it again. I was bad about this.
8> Shoes that tie. Almost all children want to untie strings or play with strings. So shoes that tie are just going to be a toy.
9> Jeans! Jeans on a child under 2 are very constricting and make it hard for them to play and run around. My daughter has a hard time running and playing when I put her in jeans. She can't climb or jump on her trampoline.
10> And the last of the important ones for me is " If I think it looks nice, I better think twice.". LOL. I put thought into what i dress her in a lot more than I used to. It helps with how many times she changes or gets changed by my wife.
                 I hope this helps and you get a few laughs at my expense. Thanks for reading and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment