So I have been riding all day doing errands in the car with me daughter and forgot to take her tv out because she gets car sick from looking at books and watching tv in the car. I guess it's the focusing on the book or tv while things in the window beside her are flying by and the car is swaying from side to side. Either way she got sick bad and then she was fine but OMG I had forgotten how much she could puke. I had been giving her car sick tablets and taking out the tv from the car. I looked at her today after about an hour and a half or so and she looked a little uncomfortable but still ok. Then around a minute later she was whining and then a projectile vomit that rivaled the exorcism came out of her and it lasted what seemed like forever. After that she was fine. But it had been so long since she had gotten sick like that and I freaked out whipped into a parking lot and jumped out and ran to her aid. She didn't need it though, she puked and she was fine.
Back to the reason I posted this, what helped my daughter is to take the children's motion sickness meds before long trips so she can watch the tv and be entertained, but for short trips we take the tv out so she can look out the window and that seems to help her a lot. If the has the tv she vomits every time. If you do something different then that let me know. Hopefully this helps you if your child gets car sick. Sorry it's not that many tips but she got over it pretty easily.
Back to the reason I posted this, what helped my daughter is to take the children's motion sickness meds before long trips so she can watch the tv and be entertained, but for short trips we take the tv out so she can look out the window and that seems to help her a lot. If the has the tv she vomits every time. If you do something different then that let me know. Hopefully this helps you if your child gets car sick. Sorry it's not that many tips but she got over it pretty easily.
- I can give you tips however on getting the vomit out of the car and car seat. I like the Tide brand laundry detergent just because it gets the seata cover and clothes clean and good smelling. To get my car seat and floor board clean I take a towl with a little Shout and water for the floor boards and mats. Then I use Dawn dish soap to clean the seat fabric. Then I leave the Windows open for a few hours to vent the vomit smell and should be good to go.


No comments:
Post a Comment