My Bearded Daddy Face

My Bearded Daddy Face
Funny Furry Face for The Baby

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Generations

I have been thinking about posting this for a while now and today is the day. I have not posted lately due to the fact I have been working a lot and not had the time. I would like to start off by saying that I love all of my family and I am sorry if I do not have a picture of you to add on my blog. I have a very extended family due to the fact I am adopted and my parents divorced when I was very little so that in itself created a big family. Then you add in the fact I am married now and have that family to include as well it creates a really big birthday list and also makes Christmas very hard to take in on one day because everyone wants to see my daughter. Posting this was a bit of a hard decision because of the way just my family situation is. I didn't want to offend or hurt feelings because I didn't add them but never the less here goes. My grandmother is very sick and I am very glad that she got the chance to meet my daughter even if only for a brief time. So many of my grandparents have passed on and did not get that chance but I still wish they would have.
     Just to save time no names but my father's mother would have loved to meet her she was a character I don't remember much about her. Although I do regret not reading a poem at her funeral that my dad wanted me to read. Now that I think back on that I see it was a mistake not to do that for my father and if I could do it over I would do it differently. I never met my father's father but I do not think that bothers my father because of their history.
     My mother's father is about the same situation I never met him but I don't think that bothers my mother much. I did however get to meet my mother's mother and she was a heavy smoker but had a big heart from what I could tell. She and I lived next to one another for a while in some smaller apartments and I got to know her a little better that way and she as I said had a big heart and loved her grand children.
     My step father's parents on the other hand I saw quite a bit. They loved me even though I was first of all adopted by my mother and then he just kinda picked me up like an extra in the relationship with my mother. His parents accepted me as their own and treated me like family always. Both have since passed away due to cancer and I know they would have loved my daughter and I wish they could have met her. All of my family from grandparents to great grandparents have been just the best and all of them have helped mold everyone around them to be better people. I wish so much that she could have met all of her great grandparents and got to know them as I knew them.
     We will always have them in memory and we can always look forward to talking and hearing stories about their strength and their life. My family is growing and hopefully will continue to grow. I will always pass down the stories of generations past and our families strength to our daughter. If you keep your memories at the forefront and teach your kids about their heritage and their families past you can help them to know their relatives that have passed. I hope everyone that reads this keeps their families past a teaching tool for their children and let the history of each of your families be a building block for your future.
 














No comments:

Post a Comment