I can remember sitting with my grandfather and him telling me Scooby Doo was dumb and when I was a kid we didn't have tv and I had to walk to school in the snow uphill both ways with no shoes. Well at the time I just thought man your school was in a terrible location. Now I realize it was because he had to work hard for everything he had. I am trying to break myself of the giving parent problem but it's hard. I give my daughter everything I can because I love her not because it was needed or earned. I know at one and a half there is not a whole lot you can do to earn stuff but she is really good at where's my nose and she understands Spanish and can speak a little thanks to my mother-in-law. Speaking from my childhood I was very fortunate and a little spoiled. I don't want my daughter to have to take as long as I did to realize not everything is going to be handed to you. I will have tobreak the habit but it is hard considering how much we love our kids and we want to give them everything we never had when we were kids. Also I have been spending more time playing outside with her and just kicking a ball around and she enjoys that more than the expensive bouncey house thing I bought her. The point is I want to end up like my grandparents and parents they work hard and sometimes worked hours that were unfavorable to family life. I had what I needed as a child and now I want to do the same for my family beceuse when you have your first child priorities change and you have to start walking uphill both ways just to make ends meet and have time with your family. Thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment