My Bearded Daddy Face
Funny Furry Face for The Baby
Saturday, April 25, 2015
A little less conversation.
I went to the store the other day and was looking for a specific toy to buy for my daughter. I was looking for a hand puppet because she loves Elmo but but I didn't want her plopped in front of the tv for to long so I figured by a puppet she would love it and we could spend more time together as a family . As I looked around and couldn't find this relic of the past I decided to ask an associate of the store. She asked me why I was looking for a puppet and was I weird or something. I told her it was for my daughter and she said if you want to entertain your kid the movies are in the back. I was shocked at the way she handled that and told her some parents like to spend time with their kids and don't want to just sit them in front of a tv. This concept of family time isn't just reserved for dinner or sports it should be a family staple and our family spends time together not in front of the th whenever possible. Back to the story at hand though I finally found a puppet at the fifth store I went to. The big box stores didn't have it so a local mom and pop ran store had what I was looking for. All be it not Elmo but a cow my little girl loves it to life. The moral is the time you have is precious and not to be wasted by plopping your child in front of the tv. I know breaks are needed but your child needs you more. Spending time talking to your children also helps build verbal skills and people skills they can't learn in front of the tv. Just think next time their show comes on can I talk like the characters on the show and if so just have a conversation with them like elmo. Thanks for the read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment